Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

painted beach finds.

 At the end of every beach trip I find myself hauling home some washed up coral, shells, or maybe some driftwood.  Not sure why I do it.. my mom has a neat little sand collection from her travels.. so maybe its in my blood to collect these things.   Sometimes these items are naturally colorful, like the coral piece below, but other times I can't resist my urge to paint at least parts of these things, so here's what I did. 



 Not sure how I will display these shells yet... I might like a shadow box frame these.

Have some shells or sticks perfect for painting? Just use acrylic paint and some spray varnish as a finish if you want them to have a slight luster...



1 comment:

  1. Love your beachy themed room!! Your sticks and shells look just like Bonjour Frenchie's!

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/103935845/neon-sea-urchin-starfish-seashells-sand

    ReplyDelete