Check out baby Mina's newborn session here on my photo blog!
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Monday, August 12, 2013
This past weekend my sister Savannah embarked on a challenge to recreate a delicious dessert that she found on her recent trip to the beach! Unsure as to what these yummy treats are really called, we referred to them as Ice-Krispy Cones! A rice crispy treat, stuffed onto an ice cream cone and covered in white chocolate and sprinkles! What's not to love?! So here's her lovely version! These are incredibly easy to make so go give it a try!
* 1 batch of rice-krispy treats (make as directed on box) will make enough for 7 cones
*ice cream sugar cones
*White chocolate (she used Wilton Candy Melts in different colors, 2+ bags)
*Small cups or jars to rest finished cones in.
*Make Rice-Krispies as directed and spoon out into cup sized portions onto waxed paper, let cool until comfortable to handle.
* Mold into an ice cream shape and let cool completely.
* Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or in the microwave and dip the top portion(approx. 1/4 inch) of each cone, and press onto bottom of the Rice-Krispy
* let rest on wax paper with the cone in the air until it is completely hard to the touch(you can place in the fridge to speed along process)
* Once everything is cooled and hardened, you may begin dipping and spooning the chocolate onto the entire Rice-Krispy, immediately add sprinkles and then let the finished product rest in a cup or jar to harden!
Thursday, August 8, 2013
My students started back to school last Friday and I was scrambling to put my room back together. I'm also a rearrange-r and changer, so this process takes twice as long. I love having different stuff on the walls and a new room arrangement! I wanted an update for the boring beige metal desk and I knew painting this piece of school furniture was probably out of the question. SO.. I bought a roll of washi tape and bam! My boring desk is transformed and more fun to look at! It easily clung to the desk and was so easy to make shapes with!
And here's a little peek into the rest of my room!
Monday, August 5, 2013
A few weeks ago I asked some of my friends to hop back in their wedding dresses for a bridal photo shoot. They were awesome models and we all had so much fun doing this! If you missed them on my photo blog check them out here: