If you want to give this project a try at home all you will need is:
block-printing ink( I recommend using water-soluble if you are doing it at home)
*speedball gouge set ( about $8)
*block printing linoleum
*rubber brayer (about $5)
* ALL ABOVE SUPPLIES CAN BE FOUND AT YOUR LOCAL ART SUPPLY STORE.
1.I printed out a black and white high contrast photo of our house. * this is different than grayscale. You should ONLY have black and white values in your photo.
2.I then did a graphite transfer to loosely transfer the image onto the linoleum.
3. Start carving, carve out everything that is white in the picture, everything black, you leave raised.
4. Ink up your brayer- it takes very little ink- too much ink will sink into the carved areas.
5. Evenly roll your printing block
6. Place paper on top of block and use wooden spoon to rub the back of the paper evenly, you want to transfer most of the ink so that your ink looks solid.
7. pull paper slightly up at one corner to check for ink transfer, rub more if needed and then remove!