Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

oh, baby.

 A few weeks ago I helped throw a shower for my sweet friend Bethany who is having her 1st baby, sweet Nora Kate in August! Our friend Carley, and Bethany's sisters, Alesa & Whitney and I all worked to bring this event together.  We went with a rain shower theme, complete with real rainclouds (it actually poured raining that day- so we didn't plan that part! We kept most things neutral, but used bright pops of color and patterns. 
 To keep things childlike, I spray painted some little safari animals that I had rescued from one of my student's science projects:)
 We also used a mix of cactus and succulents- a great flower alternative for fun color accents!
 
I drew and created the invitation in  Adobe Photoshop. I have blank 5x8 cardstock and envelopes that I purchased from staples that I print on my home printer.
 We had the shower at Carley's beautiful home in Kennesaw! I made the rainclouds using tissue paper and fishing line to string raindrops that I painted with watercolors.  Tissue poms are super easy to make and can easily be adapted to use for this!

Some homemade flags printed with cute phrases, or scrapbook paper helped us incorporate more colors and patterns!




The adorable umbrella favors made by Whitney and Alesa. 


Excited to share a post on making these vegetable onesies! (Bethany is a dietitian so I deemed it fully appropriate for the babe)  I drew each illustration in Photoshop using my Wacom Bamboo tablet and printed them on the onesie using tranfer paper! Stay tuned!
We also set up a photo booth with some baby themed props! Was definitely a fun thing for the guests to do as they arrived and was a great way to document everyone that attended.



No comments:

Post a Comment