Tuesday, February 15, 2011

something old...something new....

Our bed didn't have a headboard and after about 6 months it was time to figure something out.  I found an OLD a yard sale actually and wasn't too happy with its first impression.  However, I tried to look past its current state and imagine its NEW potential!  It took several coats of paint and a little experimenting, but the final piece looked pretty fantastic!


after a few coats of primer

After with black paint

I seem to have underestimated the slick surface...

My final product!   With a second coat of flat black paint.  I painted a piece of plywood a lemongrass color and we nailed it right on the the back of the original headboard!

final installation

No comments:

Post a Comment