Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

innovations in light.

Here's a project my sister and I embarked on together. She painted a lamp for her apartment, and I painted a lamp for my house...twice. I cannot even begin to explain the level of unattractive 80'sness that revolved around these lamps before they had a makeover. Each one was a thrift store find for about $3.  Unfortunately, I don't have a before picture of my lamp, but here is my sister's before.
 and during the process...
and my lamp painted the 1st time...
Why the transformation from the 1st attempt? I kept it like this for several months.. but I am currently introducing some new bolder colors into our living room and it didn't make the cut.
lamp thrifted. gold chevron shade from Target

lamp thrifted. black and white shade from Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment